Hummingbird Ready for lift off

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hummingbird Ready for lift off 72.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I love everything about this, but have a couple of suggestions/questions.

1. I would leave more room to the right of the frame for the bird to look into. I would also not have that much space above the bird. Also, I would leave more space on the bottom of the frame.

2. Why f/9? This rendered the background to be pretty busy.

I love everything about this, but have a couple of suggestions/questions.

1. I would leave more room to the right of the frame for the bird to look into. I would also not have that much space above the bird. Also, I would leave more space on the bottom of the frame.

2. Why f/9? This rendered the background to be pretty busy.
F9 ? I have a 1.4 Teleconverter on the lens. f5.6 = f9 I kinda like all the background colors and shapes. Not much I could do with that. Those are the fall colors on the Japanese Maple tree.

Nice pose, great detail. I agree that the blurred flowers in the BG add to the shot. I often have problems with OOF flowers in the BG of perched hummers. Sometimes, especially if it is an isolated bloom, the flower, even when blurred, can be a distraction. In your shot, the flowers are nicely blurred and are numerous enough to not present a colored "blob" in the BG. I like the shot.

Back