I have learned a lot here

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I, too, learn a lot here. I wish I could meet many of the forum members here to discuss and photograph together! Steve and Rose offer honest, objective information based on facts, analysis and testing. I find that in general, people are friendly and helpful. But on any forum there seem to be a few folks who sometimes over shadow others by strongly arguing that their opinions should be adopted by all.

Hopefully this forum will evolve from a gear_biased forum of mainly technical discussions to a forum where presentation images are the focus and the ultimate proof of both photographer and equipment prowess.

Last edited:
I, too, learn a lot here. I wish I could meet many of the forum members here to discuss and photograph together! Steve and Rose offer honest, objective information based on facts, analysis and testing. I find that in general, people are friendly and helpful. But on any forum there seem to be a few folks who sometimes over shadowed others by strongly arguing that their opinions should be adopted by all.

Hopefully this forum will evolve from a gear_biased forum of mainly technical discussions to a forum where presentation images are the focus and the ultimate proof of both photographer and equipment prowess.
Agree with sentiment

I use to know everything. Then I started dating..
I've never had it diagnosed but think I suffer from early onset dementia. Really early. I've been getting dumber every day since I was 25 or so. I think is started right after I was wrong about something for the first time. I've worried ever since that it may happen again some day :(

Absolutely echo the sentiments of all. This forum and Steve have been the reason why I am able to take better pictures today. Although I must confess that I do not have technical knowledge of many things all of you discuss here. I focus on understanding my equipment well , getting the sharpness of the image and the composition right. That makes me happy. I learn every day from this forum. A big thanks to Steve for making this forum happen…!

I've never had it diagnosed but think I suffer from early onset dementia. Really early. I've been getting dumber every day since I was 25 or so. I think is started right after I was wrong about something for the first time. I've worried ever since that it may happen again some day :(
Do you have kids? They will reduce your intelligence :LOL:

I know some will laugh, but I've learned a lot here too :)

The thing is, no one knows everything and even the more experienced shooters can often pick up little tips and tricks. So, thank you everyone who posts :)
Agree 1000% Steve! In addition to learning things from other forum members, it's just nice to be part of a great community of enthusiasts and pros! You deserve a ton of credit for bringing us all together. Steve in 2024! 🥴

All of us have been getting dumber daily since we were 25. A physician friend of mine who knows about this sort of thing says we all lose about 10,000 brain cells a day after age 25 -- at my age I'm quickly running out plus I've given a piece of my mind to so many people over the years that I don't have any to spare.

I find that all the knowledge shared saves a lot of time and frustration while learning. Also helps you save money, especially when it comes to learning what's worth buying and what's not.
PS, I'm not getting dumber with age. I just forget what I was thinking about sometimes. :rolleyes:

Happy to agree with all the positive comments. This is the only photography site I visit regularly (at least weekly). I've learned a lot from the other photogs here, and of course Steve's videos and ebooks are the best!

I can just underline every compliment to Rose, Steve and the members of the community here that were made above.

Having the privilege to have a friend who is a retired pro photographer and now lives in and for wildlife photography, I had what I would call a "classic analogue" source of information. But this forum changed it all and again. Although my foremost interest was exchanging information on the technical side in the first place, I got so much input all around my hobby that I only can say "THANK YOU ALL".

On the other hand it was a very nice and unexpected experience that even I was able to provide insight and held to others, while still being learning myself and it is appreciated.
I am a real and convinced social-media-ophobic if it comes to the standard stuff of these days like Facebook, Instagram... you name it ... , but I am really glad that there are islands like this forum, where information is in focus and the behaviour of the people make the term "social" become a positive and desirable property and attribute, especially if you are not a young digital native with the nose glued to a smart phone display, but a 60+ digital dinosaurs like me.

Carry on all together and show the social media having - at least partly - turned anti-social, that the orginal idea behind it might still have a chance, as long as people remember how to interact and what respect used to be in ancient times ...

Recently I've learned so much with the secrets of the far east revealing the keys to rekindling the passions of youth. But with the volume of threads along those lines there should really be a dedicated forum :oops:

Back