I love oak trees...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I love where they grow, I love how they look, I love their vibe and most of all I love trying to capture their majesty and mystique in photographs...

Oaktree color-0815-IMG_00058NIKON D5.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

D5 1/500 @ f5.6 ISO 125 Nikkor 24-70mm @ 44mm handheld

Why type of oak tree is that? Not the growth pattern of the oaks in my neck of the woods! Stunning.
Steven, California has many different types of oaks; this one is known as a California live oak. Each one is unique in it's growth pattern depending on the stresses it has dealt with during it's life. Think drought, cattle browsing, floods, wind, lightening; you name it. Thanks for the props.

Great capture. Oaks are very special they all have a story to tell. Sometimes you have to visit repeatedly before they share their particular story.

Great capture. Oaks are very special they all have a story to tell. Sometimes you have to visit repeatedly before they share their particular story.
Thanks. I agree that they are special and sometimes can be stingy with their stories. In fact, I've visited this tree many times trying to figure out what it was saying and if I could convey that in a photograph. And, each time one returns the story changes. Never-ending fun!

Back