If you list items for sale on BCG, do you list elsewhere?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Just wondering if you list items here and other sites?

I use Fred Miranda as well as BCG. Find I get many more hits on FM. Price is the same on both sites. Often before listing either place, I will offer to camera club members at a slightly lower price than listed here (no PP or shipping fees).

If I were to list on eBay, which I seldom do, I list for a higher price to cover their 10-15% service charge.

Ebay is the only place I've been able to sell anything honestly and have did quite well over the years doing so. Sure it's some extra work with shipping and such but there's absolutely no way I will take the pathetic offers of places like MPB. I have also sold a few items on Facebook marketplace over the years and did very well with sale amounts.

I don't list on here, yet ;) My go-to places are FM and Facebook Marketplace. There's just more traffic on those sites compared to BCG at this point, and seeing as how this is a wildlife-centric forum, don't think selling something like my Fuji 18-55 here would get much traction :p

Back