I'll probably never top this backyard photo

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Great photos of the fox and bobcat!

Here's my best backyard photo so far.

I got up before dawn and drove 20 miles to a nearby lake and sat in my truck along the shore near some cypress trees for four hours hoping to see a kingfisher, osprey, anything. Best thing I got all morning was a flock of geese that were too far away even with my 800mm PF on my Z9.

Disappointed I drove home and walked in the garage door with my camera in hand and saw a hawk with his back to me on the ground 3-feet from my back door. I quietly walked back out the garage door, due East across the driveway and into the woods where the hawk could not see me. I quietly walked about 30 feet South in the woods and crept back West toward the house. I laid down and crawled the last few feet to the ridge that separates our yard from the woods. I laid the lens on the top of the ridge and raised my eye to the viewfinder. I framed the shot, the camera acquired focus and he took off. I got three frames where his face is visible and this one is the best. I didn't realize he had caught a male cardinal until he took off. Very little cropping and post production editing.
That’s awesome!

Back