Insects

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Outstanding detail, color, and depth. That Soldier Beetle was outstanding, but I admit I have this strange affection for Stink Bug images! All the images are outstanding!!!

The Sony a7r V is just an outstanding camera! Did the bug focus work well? My bird images have come up at least one level with that camera and the astounding eye-focus capabilities.

I just received my 90mm Sony macro...now I just need some warm weather and bugs!

Outstanding detail, color, and depth. That Soldier Beetle was outstanding, but I admit I have this strange affection for Stink Bug images! All the images are outstanding!!!

The Sony a7r V is just an outstanding camera! Did the bug focus work well? My bird images have come up at least one level with that camera and the astounding eye-focus capabilities.

I just received my 90mm Sony macro...now I just need some warm weather and bugs!
Thank you. That camera is a dream for macro work and the insect eye focus works great. You will love the 90mm lens. You are right about the focusing, it is fantastic on this camera.

Awesome set! Love the butterfly and the blood in the mosquito was pretty eerie. How did you get so close to the fly (and some of the other critters) without them flying away?

Awesome set! Love the butterfly and the blood in the mosquito was pretty eerie. How did you get so close to the fly (and some of the other critters) without them flying away?
Thank you. I nearly always go really early when they're less active. Once things starts warming up, getting that close is difficult.

Back