Insurance coverage for camera and video gear

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

In a word of "caution", one thing I have had occur to me a few times when traveling overseas (leaving foreign country's) is being asked for proof of purchase. One time going through an Italian airport, I had a video camera that was so new it wasnt on the database maintained by the security folks & it was being "viewed" as a possible mechanism for explosives. Fortunately, with my credentials I was able to convince them differently. I also was pinged once while traveling from Canada back into the U.S., but had a proof of sale for lenses & bodies.

I think NANPA offers insurance for Canadians. But also check with your car/home owner insurance company. I have my gear all covered through State Farms personal asset plan. It's a reasonable premium which doesn't go up if I use it. I've got all of my camera gear, my laptop and my hard drives covered.

Back