IPadOS and IOS 16.5 Apparent issue for Card Download

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Fishboy1952

Supporting Member
Marketplace
So my routine for reviewing and downloading images, has been with using my IPad. I take the card from my Z9 and using the Delkin card reader, I connect it to my IPad via the Lightning to USB3 Camera Adaptor, and connecting a charger to the other port, I then plug it into the IPad and then review and import my selections to Lightroom. It’s fast and easy (for me) and then I’ll process.

That WAS my process up until this last week. I updated my IPadOS to 16.5, and now it won’t connect. It doesn’t even recognize the charger connection. So I’ve contacted Apple and they started to look into it. This morning I remembered my wife’s IPad is the same generation as mine, but she was still on IPadOS 16.4.1a. I tried connecting to hers, and it linked right up. So I contacted Apple again to pass this along. Macrumors also mentioned this software issue this last week. The Apple tech agreed that it sounded like a software bug.

So I’m back to using my Mac which works, but not my preferred at least for the initial review. I just wanted to pass this along.

Back