Is anybody using 360 degrees camera?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ElenaH

I know, it is a stupid question in a Wildlife video forum but I understood one thing for me in video production: there must be a story. And the story must be spoken and shown. People are looking for information or entertainment and videos can get boring quickly without it.
So, why 360 camera? Actually I was looking to motion timelapse and came across 360-camera (for example, like Insta360 or GoPro Max). Those cameras don't need a motorised head for motion timelapses but just reframing in post. Sure, it is not the same quality as you can get from Nikon z9 but nevertheless the new Insta360 X4 can make 11MP timelapses, as I understood and at the end I need just a FullHD video of it to post on the social media or to have it for myself.
I don't take professional videos. I take videos to have memories about my trips. And such a camera can expand my horizon. Yes, in creative shooting and in the fact of 360 degrees :D
It has many interesting ceative features and tricks like "fake drone" or "bullet time" or what so ever...
So, I don't have 360-camera. I have GoPro 11 (bitten by hyena) and I love that camera! I cannot imagine a trip without it.
Ad now I am thinking about Insta360 X4 ... ;-)

I also have the x3 and really have liked it. It qualifies as a pocket camera to have at the ready and its many unique abilities to capture photos and videos outside of the norm is a welcome change of pace. No it's not really a wildlife camera but it can produce clips and picks that are nice to add to wildlife productions. That said it is a bit of an odd duck and takes a bit of work to learn and retain the "how to's" and requires more editing after the fact than is common. Like you I don't do professional videos but it's great for memories and family entertainment. One of the things I have enjoyed is turning it over to my grandkids and seeing what they come up with.

Back