Is this picture unusable?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

_DSC3316_001-jpeg.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Can this picture be saved? Unfortunately the wing got clipped. While I may be able to clone the wing since I have some idea of what that would look like, I have no idea what the rest of the bottom of the photo would have looked like if I hadn't clipped that too. Are photos with clipped wings okay? Can it be salvaged through cropping? Or is it trash? Let me know what you think?

The cropped version is excellent. Looks like you did it on purpose :)
Ha! That's a good thing, right?!

Here's another photo with a clipped wing. I think it still works but I get attached to my photos even when they're not right. While I would never submit this to any photo competition, I think it's interesting and revealing of fleeting moment. I also like the light.
_DSC3650_001-jpeg.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Ha! That's a good thing, right?!

Here's another photo with a clipped wing. I think it still works but I get attached to my photos even when they're not right. While I would never submit this to any photo competition, I think it's interesting and revealing of fleeting moment. I also like the light.View attachment 53500
The bird is bring to out attention that this is "Restricted Entry" and will be enforced.

Sorry for the delay. I was having problems uploading my file onto this platform.
That looks great - the tight crop works really well. Cropping both wings makes it clearly look intentional. While the tiny portion of the tail is clipped, I think the importance is relatively low. But if you wanted, you could add some canvas and clone in the missing tip of the tail. As source material, you could either you another frame in a burst or reverse the tip of the tail in this photo.

Back