Issue with PureRAW 3 and Lightroom Classic

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MartyD

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have been trying to use the plugin function of PureRAW 3 in Lightroom Classic. I can export/process an image using PR3 and it will work fine, then the next image I try to process with PR3 will open and attempt to process the image but the processing time will just continue to increase and the process will never complete. The only way I can get it to work again is to exit out or LrC and launch LrC again. I can't say that I have every had it process two images in consecutive attempts. I can process multiple files at once, but the next time I try to process it will hang again.

I have contacted DxO and they asked that I run a diagnostic application and email them the Zip file created by the app. The problem is that the Zip is over 40MB which is too large to send in an email and seems like a lot of diagnostic data.

Anyone else seeing the same issue or know of a resolution?

It's worked normally so far for me. Are you getting it through the plugin extras menu?

It's worked normally so far for me. Are you getting it through the plugin extras menu?
It happens when using the plugin extras menu or when choosing export and selecting process with PureRAW 3.

I can get it to work consistently if I am in the Library Module but if I am working in the Develop Module then it will only work once and then hang on the next process.

This probably won't help, but I know the default is for the resulting dng to be placed in a DXO subfolder of the folder where the raw is. I change that so the resulting dng goes into the same folder as the raw. It remembers the location for the future.

After Pure raw runs, it automatically runs a Lightroom 'import" so all you see are the images that were just imported. This is the usual way Lightroom handles an import, it shows only the most recently imported files. You see this in the folder panel on the left, it no longer says "all photographs." What I do is right click one of the recently imported dng images and choose "go to folder in library." This shows me the original raw and the surrounding shots. I can then proceed normally. Another way would be to choose "all photographs" from the folder panel on the left.

I had an issue with PureRaw and LR Classic, likely not the same as yours but perhaps fixable in the same way.

The PureRaw process worked in LR Classic as an export to the plug-in but would get hung up when PureRaw was handing the completed file to LR. An error dialog box came up (saying PureRaw could not open LR, which was odd as it was already opened) and all would stop until I closed the box then everything finished up as expected.

I too contacted DxO and sent the diagnostic file (for large files , at least with the Mac Apple Mail, there is a choice for the file to go to an Apple server and the recipient gets your email with a download link good for 30 days).

In the meantime I saw that both PureRaw and LR Classic had new updates. I uninstalled both and reinstalled them (LRC 12.3, PureRaw 3.1) and now everything works (so far).

You might try uninstall/reinstall as it likely cannot hurt and might help (I had uninstalled/reinstalled LR first then PureRaw but not for any specific reason).

I had an issue with PureRaw and LR Classic, likely not the same as yours but perhaps fixable in the same way.

The PureRaw process worked in LR Classic as an export to the plug-in but would get hung up when PureRaw was handing the completed file to LR. An error dialog box came up (saying PureRaw could not open LR, which was odd as it was already opened) and all would stop until I closed the box then everything finished up as expected.

I too contacted DxO and sent the diagnostic file (for large files , at least with the Mac Apple Mail, there is a choice for the file to go to an Apple server and the recipient gets your email with a download link good for 30 days).

In the meantime I saw that both PureRaw and LR Classic had new updates. I uninstalled both and reinstalled them (LRC 12.3, PureRaw 3.1) and now everything works (so far).

You might try uninstall/reinstall as it likely cannot hurt and might help (I had uninstalled/reinstalled LR first then PureRaw but not for any specific reason).
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated, I had to be careful when uninstalling and then reinstalling PR3 because it would not remove the plugins from LrC when uninstalled and then on reinstall the plugins would not work. I had to uninstall PR3 then remove and delete plugins before reinstalling.

In working with iPR3 a little more today, I could get it to process multiple images if I was in the Library module but then if I processed 1 image in the Develop module it would then not process another image in either module. I have to exit LrC and restart in order to get PR3 to process again. If I get an image to process it will take about 25 seconds to process but then when process the next image the process window will open and the remaining processing time indicator will just continue to increase. The time will increase to 60 minutes or more in just a few minutes which to me means that the image isn't progressing at all. I can cancel the processing without any problem but after it hangs the first time I cannot get another image to process until I restart LrC.

I had the same problem. I ended up having to upgrade from an AMD Ryzen 580 graphics card to a Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060. It still takes some time to process, but at least it works every time now.

Back