Issues using strobes / flash with Z9 after firmware 4 update?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

In the last firmware before 4.0, when I was shooting with strobes (Godox / Flashpoint AD600 Pro), I was able 'see' the potential exposure through the viewfinder & flip up screen when focussing, making the image bright so I could focus on my target (no modelling lamp needed). After the firmware 4.0 upgrade, the viewfinder stays very dark, even though the images are correctly exposed when the strobes fire.

Is anyone aware of this issue? Is there a new setting I've missed? These are sports team photos with settings M, 1/200s, f8, ISO 100. Typically with strobes you want the shot without strobes to be pitch black to confirm that all the exposure and WB is controlled by flash.

I've also tried this with an SB910 flash and the viewfinder stays dark as well.

Any advice much appreciated - thanks in advance

Johan

Bill, Thanks for the quick reply - on firmware C 4.00 and Ma 1.00, - is it d10 "View Mode (Photo Lv)" you're referencing? - I have it on show effects of settings | Always - just checked it with a flash and works!! - thanks you're a star!
In version 4.00 they added a setting to the "D" menu, so it is now D10. I was looking at the addendum for version 3.00. Sorry I forgot about the number change. Glad to help.

Bill

Back