Jackal in flight, thought he might . . .catch a dove

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The last of my images of the Black-backed Jackal female that was frequenting Cutitje Quab in the Kgalagadi.
She entertained us for five mornings with her eager attempts to snag breakfast.

01486W D850 1104.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Fantastic action shot!
Awesome shot Callie👍👍👍👍
Awesome freeze frame Callie. 😊
Happy trails.
Phenomenal, Callie!!
Sweet shot.
Doven’t quite make it. Awesome capture though.
A stellar shot and one hungry Jackal!
Super action shot
A great action shot (composition, colors, everything) and a bit unusual -- a mammal going for a bird.
Cool shot, Callie! The dove is like, "Ummm, not you don't!"
Thank you so much for looking and commenting - I appreciate it very much!

The last of my images of the Black-backed Jackal female that was frequenting Cutitje Quab in the Kgalagadi.
She entertained us for five mornings with her eager attempts to snag breakfast.

View attachment 87554
Great outcome and very special moment.

I see the 120 fps, lock on eye tracking, animal id preset for Jackal Female worked and was able to distinguish from the preset option of Male Jackal all worked for you LOL (joking)

Question, did she catch the bird ?

Amazing shot! Thank you for sharing this beautiful and telling story composition!
Great outcome and very special moment.

I see the 120 fps, lock on eye tracking, animal id preset for Jackal Female worked and was able to distinguish from the preset option of Male Jackal all worked for you LOL (joking)

Question, did she catch the bird ?
Top flight shot @Callie, was there success on any of those 5 days?
incredible
Thank you Guys, Much appreciated
@O: Still use the dinosaur bodies, and will forever. She dis succeed - see below.
@marc - Marc - 4 kills only in the over 20 hours we spent there. None in-flight catches, all were secured in the water and none with the face towards us. I have been back a few times, but not jackal hunting.
Here she, is she just caught it and the next she is is munching. ( Posted previously)
01663W D850 6517.jpg

01664W D850 6572.jpg

@

Last edited:
Thank you Guys, Much appreciated
@O: Still use the dinosaur bodies, and will forever. She dis succeed - see below.
@marc - Marc - 4 kills only in the over 20 hours we spent there. None in-flight catches, all were secured in the water and none with the face towards us. I have been back a few times, but not jackal hunting.
Here she, is she just caught it and the next she is is munching. ( Posted previously)
View attachment 87828

View attachment 87829
@
So beautiful ! You really nailed beautifully all the action. Love all the shots

So beautiful ! You really nailed beautifully all the action. Love all the shots
Thank you! Here is the first post of the trying to nab breakfast, should you be interested to have a look.:

Thank you! Here is the first post of the trying to nab breakfast, should you be interested to have a look.:
Wow all the shots really amazing! You should enter with them Nature Best photography competitions

Back