Jumping spider

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Always wanted to take pictures of these funny guys. They are so cute looking.

(taken with the D810 + Sigma 150mm f2.8 + 1.4x TC and the Panasonic G9 + Olympus 60mm f2.8 + 16mm extension tube)

P1460133xs.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_1303xs.jpg

DSC_1428xs.jpg

P1460047xs.jpg

Oh, and in case you are wondering... he's a Nikon fan:

Jumping_D810.jpg

They almost always jump onto my Olympus lens and camera -- they don't discriminate among camera brands as long as they take good portraits of the little guys. :D

This guy seemed very curious and didn't mind me at all. I spent nearly an hour taking pictures and observing his behaviour. It was a fascinating encounter.

Nice! These guys numbed my, ah, nervousness around spiders, they've jumped on me so many times when trying to photograph them :)

It's only the second time I've found a jumping spider and he was so friendly... he jumped on my lens, crawled all over the camera and then jumped onto my jacket... I was tempted to adopt him (almost googled "what to feed a jumping spider") but then I remembered my motto: "Leave only footprints, take only pictures!".

I think their jerky movement and their overall colorful and fuzzy looks makes them look more easygoing than regular spiders :)

Cute little guys, but still spiders! The whole genus gives me the creeps. They are to small to shoot with the 500 PF, so I have never been close to them on purpose. That said, they have wonderful eyes!

Back