Juvenile Wiskered Tern

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

That's a spectacular image. Can you give the short description of the post-processing done to get that look?
Thank you very much for the comment.

it is a very long edit but then most of my edits take time as I work the tones, the colour and the effects separately - in short - I edit the birds, De Noised, sharpened colour correct, - then the background for the colour, several gradients, mist, light, colour grading and final effects to match what I envisaged for the image, which is fine art and not photojournalism.

In general - I do edit a lot, I do sometimes combine different backgrounds in one image, or different effects, but always my own stuff - not AI (unless I have to do a minor fill the gap kind of thing - but not really)

Thank you very much for the comment.

it is a very long edit but then most of my edits take time as I work the tones, the colour and the effects separately - in short - I edit the birds, De Noised, sharpened colour correct, - then the background for the colour, several gradients, mist, light, colour grading and final effects to match what I envisaged for the image, which is fine art and not photojournalism.

In general - I do edit a lot, I do sometimes combine different backgrounds in one image, or different effects, but always my own stuff - not AI (unless I have to do a minor fill the gap kind of thing - but not really)
I was hoping to coax one more level of detail from you on what you did, but I suspect you have better things to do with your time! That said, I was wondering if you could point me to any book/ebook/whatever that talks about "fine art" techniques. I like the look but don't have a feel for the best way to go about getting it -- understanding that part of the process is the vision for where you want the picture to go.

I do think that a most fine image.

I was hoping to coax one more level of detail from you on what you did, but I suspect you have better things to do with your time! That said, I was wondering if you could point me to any book/ebook/whatever that talks about "fine art" techniques. I like the look but don't have a feel for the best way to go about getting it -- understanding that part of the process is the vision for where you want the picture to go.

I do think that a most fine image.
thank you - the best thing I can do with my time is to help others with their photography - and especially with editing. As when you teach - you learn. And I love learning.
I will PM you with a long story of how it works for me 😂

Back