Kayak Outing on Rehoboth Bay

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RockvilleBob

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Great entertainment from a Tricolored Heron on my last kayak outing

tri-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

tri-2.jpg

tri-3.jpg

tri-4.jpg

tri-5.jpg

tri-6.jpg

tri-7.jpg

tri-dance.jpg

Those are some nice shots. Hang on while I go buy a kayak.

So how did you manage all that rig? A 600 is a big heavy lens. Are you just drifting, or maybe wedged into some weeds while shooting? I'd be worried about dropping a lot of expensive equipment in the river!

Those are some nice shots. Hang on while I go buy a kayak.

So how did you manage all that rig? A 600 is a big heavy lens. Are you just drifting, or maybe wedged into some weeds while shooting? I'd be worried about dropping a lot of expensive equipment in the river!
Thanks for looking and commenting

Next to my camera bodies the kayak is the best photo accessory I have ever bought for shorebird photography, nothing comes close.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I shot with the Sigma Sport 150-600 and used a shoulder harness with a monopod cup to support the lens and a monopod. I now shoot handheld with the Nikon 180-600.

All my gear is insured for loss at replacement value via a homeowner policy rider. The policy stipulates I cannot may any money from photography. So far so good - no loss - no claim. My fellow camera club buddies do sell some of their prints but the amount they make selling is Micky Mouse, probably a few hundred a year on the high side. If I could make a lot of money selling images I would explore a more expensive insurance option.

Back