L-Plate compatibility with Peak Design Capture Clip?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jonathan

Does anyone know of an L-plate that would allow me to screw in my Peak Design Standard Plate to use with my Peak Design Capture Clip?

I’m interested in getting an L-plate for my camera, primarily for when I’m doing landscape photography. I find using the drop notch on my ball head when shooting in portrait mode from a tripod annoying. I think an L-plate would be a great solution!

My only hesitation is I love using my Capture clip when hiking, I’d like to be able to attach an L-plate to my camera and still use the Capture clip. I was looking at the RRS L-plate, but according to the Q&A section on the B&H website it seems I wouldn’t be able to screw in the Capture plate to use with the clip.

I have a Canon R5 if it matters, in my limited research I know I’ve seen both universal plates and plates made for specific cameras.

Your link doesn't work.

OP, I am a bit confused by the question I believe it's a standard 1/4 screw for the clip part. Most brackets have a few of those.
I haven’t been able to go to a physical store to actually look at an L-plate so I may be asking a dumb question.

Based on online photos it looked to me like there are holes on many L-plates, I just can’t tell if they’re threaded or not to screw in the clip.

However, the Q&A section on a specific L-plate I was looking at indicated I would not be able to screw in the plate, which led me to ask the question here. The below was for the RRS L-plate for the Canon R5.

1716467697241.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back