Landscapes: Show your High Key B&W Landscape Photos

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I asked @Steve about landscapes in the High Key Wildlife Photos thread he started. He suggested I could start a separate thread for Landscapes. Here are a few from the past couple years. I don't do a lot of this type of photography but I do like how they look.

Serenity Tree: This has been my most popular photo over the past couple year. I've made several pints for folks.
icefog 2019.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Ice Fog - this was an interesting morning. The temperatures went up above freezing overnight which created a dense fog. Shortly after daybreak, the temperature dropped down into the upper teens but strangely enough, it was almost dead calm. This condition created a fog that was made up of ice crystals in the air.
_2JS8415.jpg

Ice covered Dogwood Tree bud.
_6JS1826.jpg

Just another frost covered morning.
DSC00539.jpg

Attachments

• _2JS8407_1.jpg
    _2JS8407_1.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Thank you Jeff. I just love to switch to this camera with film from my normal use of a digital camera where I snap many images quickly. Using this camera takes a lot more time and contemplation, light meter, etc. etc. which gets me back to the basics. I also finally found a good lab to process and scan after a lot of trial and error.

I asked @Steve about landscapes in the High Key Wildlife Photos thread he started. He suggested I could start a separate thread for Landscapes. Here are a few from the past couple years. I don't do a lot of this type of photography but I do like how they look.

Serenity Tree: This has been my most popular photo over the past couple year. I've made several pints for folks.
View attachment 38311

Ice Fog - this was an interesting morning. The temperatures went up above freezing overnight which created a dense fog. Shortly after daybreak, the temperature dropped down into the upper teens but strangely enough, it was almost dead calm. This condition created a fog that was made up of ice crystals in the air.
View attachment 38190
Ice covered Dogwood Tree bud.
View attachment 38191

Just another frost covered morning.
View attachment 38192
I especially like Serenity Tree. I can see why it is popular. Out of curiosity, why did you choose a vertical format?

I especially like Serenity Tree. I can see why it is popular. Out of curiosity, why did you choose a vertical format?
I have printed it both ways and it doesn’t seem to matter much. Some folks wanted a vertical crop and some wanted horizontal depending on where they wanted to hang it. I do think the vertical worked better in the forum format

Back