Laptop or tablet for traveling???

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Please take a look https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5QDQ1B/?tag=backcogaller-20. In Amazon search for Ravpower filehub.

This thing has its own battery to allow on site downloading from SD to an external harddisk. I use it regularly with an external Verbatim 2TB SSD disk., works great.
Thanks! I did pick one up but unless I’m not figuring out a work-around, it can only do as cards and not xqd. It has worked pretty well so far for those!

As my iMac was getting a little long in the tooth purchased a 13" MacBook Pro. Use it both when travelling and then at home with the imac acting as a monitor. Download images from my card to a pair of Samsung T5 500gb SSD. Much quicker than my imac. Recently attended 4 day portrait class and it was a perfect fit, shoot during the day and then download images and process images in class the next morning. Althoughh screen real-estate a little small for processing it was very doable with the addition of a wacom medium tablet, which both fit in a padded Hestech zippered sleeve. I do have an iPad Pro which I also take along when traveling. Use it more for reading, inet, and any face time calls I need to make back home. Both the iPad Pro in it's own padded sleeve along with the MacBook Pro and wacom tablet all fit without issue in my 26L mindshift pack.
The only thing that I'm looking to improve is Get a good 27" monitor to replace the 27" iMac, and for that I'm leaning towards a BenQ.

Back