Larva

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Found about a half dozen of these tiny insect larvae beneath the bark of a dead elm tree. It's on the tip of a Pentel mechanical pencil that takes 0.5 mm lead. I have no idea what species it may be -- so don't ask. Olympus M10 ii, 60mm 7Artisans macro lens with 47mm of extension tubes.

Unidentified Insect Larva.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
How do you like your 7 Artisans lens?

It's a very nice, well built lens and seems very sharp (I have version ii and wouldn't have spent the money on the first version), but being fully manual it can be somewhat frustrating when photographing live subjects that move around a lot (like bees). I've found that the camera's focus assist really helps. I'd have gotten the Olympus 60mm except I couldn't justify spending that much -- My 7Artisans was used but looked like it had never been out of the box.

It's a very nice, well built lens and seems very sharp (I have version ii and wouldn't have spent the money on the first version), but being fully manual it can be somewhat frustrating when photographing live subjects that move around a lot (like bees). I've found that the camera's focus assist really helps. I'd have gotten the Olympus 60mm except I couldn't justify spending that much -- My 7Artisans was used but looked like it had never been out of the box.
I'll share that with my FIL. He recently got gift cards to B&H and is hoping to buy the lens soon.

Thanks,

--Ken

Thomas Shahan has a largely positive review of the lens on YouTube - not to mention some incredibly nice photos and videography showing what the lens is capable of in the hands of a competent macrophotographer.

BTW, nice high mag shot.

Enjoy your new lens, Woody. Always looking to see what you come up with next!

Back