Lazy loading on import

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

It used to be that I could start an import in LR and walk away for a while. Upon return to the computer, my 1,000s of images would be ready to cull. For a few months now, it will only load a preview if the image is within my screen. IOW, it loads previews but if I scroll down, they are just grey boxes that start loading once they are revealed. Everything function perfectly, I'm not losing any images and have no problem opening them and they stay there once preloaded. But it's a PITA to have to sit there scrolling slowly to allow images to load in the preview when importing. Anyone else experiencing this? I have the same issue with CF cards or XQDs, and it happens on both my PC and my laptop.
1699113584511.png

Yes I see the same issue with the thumbnails only generating when you scroll down. However that doesn't make a difference to importing. I don't have to scroll down and generate all of the previews in order to import all of the files. As soon as the first page opens if I hit "import" it will pull the whole card regardless of whether the thumbnails have generated. Not sure if that's what you're saying or not.

Back