Lens coat alternatives (part 2)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have read the thread from 2022 on Lens coat alternatives and thought I would ask a follow on question that is related but was not specifically addressed in "part 1".

What do you all do with a neoprene coat on a lens that gets wet often? I always like to towel dry my lens/camera when I get back to the car. I was hoping to discover a coat that can be put on and taken off with velcro or snaps, quickly. Let me know what you think.

What do you all do with a neoprene coat on a lens that gets wet often?
It's the big reason that I stopped using neoprene lens coatings. When they get wet and moisture gets trapped underneath it's not great.

I'm not familiar with any velcro attached neoprene style covers that could be quickly put on and removed.

In a light drizzle, I do nothing and haven’t experienced any issues. In downpours I use a cover or remove the lenscoat/neoprene from the lens to dry after the session. Rolanpro offers some with water resistant coatings applied though I wouldn’t count on it and don’t know how long the coating will last.

With some forethought and skill, you could probably modify the neoprene lens covers with velcro closures. How long they would last? Probably not too long with repeated use.

Back