Lens foot Sony FE 300 F2.8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I took a nr of images (with tripod) with the 300mm, bare, with 1.4 and 2.0 on a stationary teddy bear in my back garden, clouds, no sun. I want to point out I don’t do anything scientific, I just wanted to see what the files looked like on both A1/A93.

In my opinion the files look great. Sharp, nice contrast . AF is snappy for me with the 2x as well. I’m more then happy to send them to anyone interested through we transfer. In that case send me a private message with email.

Im happy with my choice but of course others might have a different opinion, my reason for getting the 300 is that I fly a lot for my nature photography in Europe and was getting tired of travelling with heavy kit. Besides I do most of my photography from hides where this lens is ideal and a 600mm is simply pretty useless in most circumstances
Rene de Heer
www.naturepics.co.uk
Rene, let me try to phrase this convoluted question. When going from bare to TC, was the difference in image quality more pronounced in the A1, specifically in the corners?

I've been staring at the MTF charts. The 10x/mm line is completely flat, bare, the 30 drops off a little (-3 which puts it at 97 which is perfect). The A1 with twice the resolution might show more degradation simply because it resolves better.

But seriously, by everything I'm seeing, this is just an amazing, versatile lens, maybe the best out there.

Rene, let me try to phrase this convoluted question. When going from bare to TC, was the difference in image quality more pronounced in the A1, specifically in the corners?

I've been staring at the MTF charts. The 10x/mm line is completely flat, bare, the 30 drops off a little (-3 which puts it at 97 which is perfect). The A1 with twice the resolution might show more degradation simply because it resolves better.

But seriously, by everything I'm seeing, this is just an amazing, versatile lens, maybe the best out there.
Hi I’m not home but will have a look when back

Back