Lens for Airshow

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A friend that does 19 air shows every summer uses 2 Z9's. One with the 800f6.3 PF and the other with the 180-600. He shots the 800PF the majority of the time.

In fact i think he's already done at least 4 shows already this year on the East Coast. The dude is an animal with air shows

It's all he needs and on media day with close access i think he uses the Z 100-400

I've only shot one airshow and brought the 180-400 TC. I would have to check the exif but I don't think I needed to engage the TC. It could have been the lens was so new to me I didn't have muscle memory flipping the switch yet. I did have the luxury of ideal positioning on the deck of a coast guard ship out on the log boom, positioned optimally for the show. Check the images for what focal length each shot was at. I may try again this summer and will bring a 600 I may or may not need to use.

https://pbase.com/georger/seafair_2022_blue_angels&page=all

Back