Lexar Diamond Series CF Express Type B and Card Reader

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

There was recently a good deal on Amazon on Lexar cards, so I picked up 2 Type B cards, 256 GB, 1900 write speed.

Unfortunately, when I hooked up the card after formatting it using a CF Express card reader that works just fine on my Delkin Black
cards, neither card showed up. I was going to download the new Z9 firmware and put it on there.

Is this a problem with the card? Both are Type B cards, and it's a CF Express reader. Or do I have to order the Lexar Memory Card Reader
specific to Lexar cards? Guess I should have just stuck with Delkin. I assumed one card reader would suffice for any card so long as it's CF Express.

Frustrating!
Paul

as an aside, i gathered a bunch of readers during card testing and the only one that ever gave me any issues is the angelbird which i suspect is a driver issue not a hardware one (it seems that the angelbird somewhat uniquely provides the ability to update cfe-b card firmware, and that capability is not part of the standard usb driver, so they have to provide their own, which is not typical for readers).

i ended up using the sabrent reader day-to-day mostly because i like how you push-to-eject, basically just because i like it, not for any special reason

I use the Lexar SDII cards for my Z8, and they come up just fine on the Delkin reader. I own two cards and also 2 Delkin readers (the reader that has the SD and CF-e slots)- all work.

Back