If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ken Miracle

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Black and White Warbler doing it's thing and a couple of other, run and gun, bird ID shots grabbed that day. Bewick's Wren and Northern Flicker.
Z92_6119-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z92_6083-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z92_6385-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z92_6391-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z92_6511-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice shot Ken, we get the Black and Whites down here in Florida.
Yes they breed mostly in Canada and Northern US, east of the continental divide and normally migrate on the east side of the divide.

I have a birding buddy who moved to Florida and has them in his backyard now :cool:

All lovely images, thank you for you feed back, keep enjoying what you do.
Thank you ... and I will there are 20 images of varying behaviors like foraging on tiny winged insects and various ID angles ie. bottom of tail feathers etc. in my checklist on Cornel Laboratory of Ornithology E Bird. These image are then stored in the Macaulay Library for research and various other uses https://www.macaulaylibrary.org/

Great shots, Ken......especially that first one! I'm still looking for my first Northern flicker! LOL!

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely wife!
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and Justin. To bad we did not get out together to look for one while you were here. I see them almost every time I go birding here in Boise :)

Thank you ... and I will there are 20 images of varying behaviors like foraging on tiny winged insects and various ID angles ie. bottom of tail feathers etc. in my checklist on Cornel Laboratory of Ornithology E Bird. These image are then stored in the Macaulay Library for research and various other uses https://www.macaulaylibrary.org/
That's excellent, i had a look at the library, what a wonderful journey, it also helps us learn and understand more or be more aware of our environment and the fragile eco system.

I was watching David Attenborough The Planet III series, some of the story's, actions of wild life and capture has been nothing but spectacular, what a fascinating beautiful world we live in, pity mankind cant look after it and stop giving into greed all the time.

I marvel at what i see and ask how did all this happen, evolution created things, but what designed evolution, so clever.

Last edited: