Life & Death.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Nature can be so cruel sometimes, but this young Starling will help the young of this Sparrow Hawk.
Never posted an image like this before so if I should have put some kind of warning up apologies.
Feedback would be appreciated.
first beautiful shot. It really does tell the story of the struggle for survival.

When asked, I tell people nature is neither cruel nor kind, nature just is. The only motivations are survival and passing genes on to the next generation. We may not understand everything but the system is quite perfect as it was intended.

Again, terrific photo.

Not sure how much editing the contest will allow. Could you just burn the flowers a bit?
I’m awaiting a call back from the organisers.
I’m hoping they say they don’t allow removal of any vegetation that is obstructing the subject ie: when you get a tree branch in front of the subject etc.
I’ve thoroughly checked the rules & there is a section that says; the judges may deviate from the rules regarding vegetation removal at their discretion. How they’ll interpret that I don’t know.

Excellent image. Very different to "bird on a stick" and the kind of action one is always looking for to make your image different and stand out. yes nature is "cruel" you might say - but the reason why most animals exist - is to be food for another animal

Back