Lightroom Classic Issues on iMac

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Whiskeyman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I recently upgraded to Lightroom Classic 13.0.1, Camera Raw 16.0 and Mac OS Ventura 13.6.1, and I'm having terrible performance issues with them. Any process is really slow, but photo export brings the system and processes to a semming standstill.

Is anyone else experiencing the same, or similar, issues recently?

Yes, I'm having the same issues with the same hardware and software setup. I'm not able to import images from my Nikon Z9 this morning. Does anyone have any suggetions!!!

I recently upgraded to Lightroom Classic 13.0.1, Camera Raw 16.0 and Mac OS Ventura 13.6.1, and I'm having terrible performance issues with them. Any process is really slow, but photo export brings the system and processes to a semming standstill.

Is anyone else experiencing the same, or similar, issues recently?
No issues on M1 CPU mac. I am running a slightly (slightly) older version of Ventura, same LR version. It's a fairly beefy machine with 64 GB of RAM. Also plenty of free disk space.

(Adding) I typed too quickly. I have a Mac Studio, not an iMAC so my experience may not be useful to you.

It does possibly help. What matters is most likely between the OS and LR. As I'm also running with 64 GB of RAM, I'm inclined to think I either have and OS/LRC version issue malware. Since I'm not seeing anything about issues between the OS and LRC, I'll look into that.

And as I write this, I get a pop up window indicating I've got a corrupt LRC catalog...:mad: I'm off to deal with that.

Edit: I ran the corruption alleviation routine pointed to in the pop up window, and now all seems to be well and good. LRC is back to working and the plug ins also are functional.

Last edited:
I had similar LR Classic poor performance issues occurring during the past several days especially when using the masking tools (I got the dreaded spinning color wheel and sometimes LR would go into not responding mode). I have all the latest updates to OS and LR. My iMac has 32GB memory and my CleanMyMac software shows LR uses around 16GB memory when running. So, I didn't think working memory was the issue.
I believe I solved the issues this evening by the following:
LR > Preferences>Performance>Optimize Catalog. The optimization took a couple of minutes. Then, I had a pop up alert to reload the Creative Cloud App. I followed the prompts and the app reloaded and I was automatically signed in.
Whenever I shutdown LR I check the Backup option which includes a checkbox to Optimize Catalog. I've always had that on however I noticed when initiating the procedure above that the last optimization had been performed on 11/23/23 (five days ago) so perhaps I had somehow unchecked the optimize catalog option during LR shutdowns.
Anyway, the intentional catalog optimization and/or reloading the Creative Cloud App has apparently solved the performance issues.

Back