Lightroom Classic V.13 Bugs

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

flashpixx

Supporting Member
Marketplace
From https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-2023-10/

I've decided to wait to see the outcome of any bug fixes

The new blur tool is pretty glitchy. Hangs up on my windows machine. Comes back by itself after a bit but is annoying enough to avoid using it. But what the heck we've lived without it this long...

However 13.0.1 crashes on launch on my Macbook Pro - clearly not an isolated problem:

Edit: Deleting and performing a second installation appears to have sorted it out.

Thanks for the notice on the 13.0.1 update. Seems to have improved speed of screen updates for me. Otherwise everything seems to be working great and I have been able to improve a couple of files with the lens blur tool in a much easier and realistic way than in the past. Lightroom keeps getting closer to what is possible in Photo Shop all the time.

Latest info from Adobe appears that there is a bug in the Mac version of LRC v.13.0.1.

Suggested Fix:

The recommendation for this issue is to perform a clean reinstall of 13.0.1

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

1. Close Lightroom
  2. Restart the computer
  3. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom
  4. Restart the computer
  5. Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.
  6. Restart the computer
  7. Launch Lightroom
  8. Wait 5 minutes
If this restores you to normal functioning in 13.0.1 please let us know in the comments.

For Mac Customers who've updated from 13.0

For Win 10 + 11 users there have been no issues reported to Adobe since release of v13.0.1

My own experience (earlier today!) and comments on other forums suggest that Mac users should not upgrade Lightroom Classic from LrC 13.0 to LrC 13.0.1.

According to Creative Cloud "This update [that is 13.0.1] includes critical bug fixes." Wrong! If you are a Mac user do not, repeat do not, upgrade to LrC 13.0.1. There appear to be thousands of cases where Mac users cannot open LrC after upgrading to the latest version.

The following are my suggestions:
  1. 'Cautious' Solution:
    Ignore LrC 13.0.1.
    Wait for LrC 13.0.2.

2. 'Live Dangerously' Solution:
    Uninstall LrC 13.0.
    Install (not upgrade to) LrC 13.0.1.

3. 'Recovering from Disaster' Solution:
    Uninstall non-working LrC 13.0.1.
    Install LrC 13.0.
… David

Last edited:
Bugs have been fixed
V.13.0.1 released
Hi just be aware known bug with v13.0.1 if you are a Mac user, LR crashes on open
Latest info from Adobe appears that there is a bug in the Mac version of LRC v.13.0.1.

Suggested Fix:

The recommendation for this issue is to perform a clean reinstall of 13.0.1

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

1. Close Lightroom
  2. Restart the computer
  3. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom
  4. Restart the computer
  5. Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.
  6. Restart the computer
  7. Launch Lightroom
  8. Wait 5 minutes
If this restores you to normal functioning in 13.0.1 please let us know in the comments.

For Mac Customers who've updated from 13.0

For Win 10 + 11 users there have been no issues reported to Adobe since release of v13.0.1
Yip happened to me this morning after update to v13.0.1. Rolled back to v13,0 as uninstall and reinstall didn't work gor me unfortunately.

Update to the above: Followed the above to the letter with the multiple restarts, now appears OK we will see how it goes.

Last edited:
The new blur tool is pretty glitchy. Hangs up on my windows machine. Comes back by itself after a bit but is annoying enough to avoid using it. But what the heck we've lived without it this long...
I have also found the new blur tool - as well as the new point color tool - really very badly slow down the performance of LrC. I can't smoothly adjust the sliders in the point color tool, for instance - I can only move them in jerky increments because the performance is so poor. In general, I am finding the performance to continue to degrade with each update, even just using the normal tools.

However, much to my surprise I recently found that if I load into Photoshop and go into the Camera Raw filter I can do all the same things with amazing performance. Everything is far, far, far snappier, and even the lens blur and point color tools work are perfectly smooth. I wonder why the significant difference.

However, much to my surprise I recently found that if I load into Photoshop and go into the Camera Raw filter I can do all the same things with amazing performance. Everything is far, far, far snappier, and even the lens blur and point color tools work are perfectly smooth. I wonder why the significant difference.
The camera raw filter works on the bitmapped file, not the RAW file.

Why the difference? Or, put differently, why wouldn't LR use the more efficient processing given that the results are the same?

I think the difference is the camera raw filter is a filter applied to a tiff or other file type in photoshop that has many of the same tools as Adobe camera raw and lightroom, but there are some differences. Lightroom and Adobe camera raw are working on the raw, and bake in their changes only on export. I haven't gotten any slowdowns in lightroom. Maybe check out these suggestions.

Why the difference? Or, put differently, why wouldn't LR use the more efficient processing given that the results are the same?
The results may look the same but they are not the same. You can re-edit the LR/ACR changes in the RAW file. PS CR filter only works on a bitmapped image which is no longer a RAW format file. You can make further changes to the bitmapped file, but you no longer have access to the original raw file information.

The results may look the same but they are not the same. You can re-edit the LR/ACR changes in the RAW file. PS CR filter only works on a bitmapped image which is no longer a RAW format file. You can make further changes to the bitmapped file, but you no longer have access to the original raw file information.

I agree with you, but will add that the camera raw filter could be put on a layer with a smart filter, so it too could be edited as often as needed. Though one is changing stuff that is already baked in from the raw conversion.

The best bet in my view is to send the raw from lightroom to Photoshop as a smart object, so the raw could be re-edited within Photoshop if needed. Neat trick.

FWIW I came home from a two week trip and when I restarted my MBP it started to verify the new LR, and it installed fine and is working fine.

1698254165040.png

Per Adobe, the issue was with their server. The issue has been fixed and the download is working now. They still reommend full removal of the bad version, restart, then reinstall the most recent version. I have done so and it is working.

Back