Lightroom Question - Watermark Not Appearing on Exported Files

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've been using a simple watermark via the watermark text editor for years, but suddenly today, they're not appearing on my exported photos. I've searched high and low all over the web to learn that apparently watermarks in LR can be "fussy". I'm using Windows 10 and LR Classic 11.2, have exited LR, restarted my machine and even created a new LR Catalog but still the same issue. Anyone else have this odd behavior and find a way to get around it? Thank you!

Thanks, MartyD! I just tried that and you are right some of the basic looking fonts are exporting. I'd really like something that looks better than "Adobe Clean", etc. ;) It is very odd that this just started.

Adjusting Presets wouldn't affect the watermarks, would it? I've never used those before and last night "experimented" some with those. Not sure if I set something that is affecting this or if it is totally unrelated. That's why I was hoping if I created a new catalog, that would clear any craziness I may have caused with Presets.

Sorry for basic questions and thank you again for your help!

I think I might have found the issue or part of the issue. If I crop the file, it will actually display the watermark that I want, but if I don't it doesn't. I haven't played with this enough to see how much I "have" to crop to get it work. I did try limiting the file size on export, but that doesn't seem to resolve the disappearing watermark issue. Very odd!

I'm not sure why they would suddenly disappear. I reread the help page but didn't see the issue.

Thanks, Bleirer! Nice info! I tried experimenting with increasing the font size and moving the location, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Ok, so I'm fairly convinced this has something to do with the size of the file. For example, I'm used to my D500 files where I used this text watermark for 6 years, but now with the high mp files on the A1, I'm seeing the issue. I don't believe this is a user error or an A1 issue, but rather a high mp issue with some of the watermark fonts in LR. If I shrink the size of the font, it will appear. Also, if I was in crop-mode, with a smaller file, the watermark appears as expected. Unfortunately though, limiting the size of the export files doesn't seem to fix this and you have to "guestimate" how much you need to shrink the font based on how much you crop the file. Worst part is you'll have to carefully review your files to see if the watermark did in fact appear.

MartyD was correct, this issue doesn't appear with all of the text fonts.

Other thoughts are always welcomed. Thanks!

There are a lot of differenty types of fonts and they can come from lots of different foundries. If you have LRC 11.2 then you should have the Adobe Creative Cloud app. If you look on the left side under resource links you should see a manage fonts option. I would guess that the fonts available there are going to work better with Adobe products than other fonts. You might be able to find an appropriate font that will work consistently.

I do think it is simply a size or resize issue for the font. I have had issues with some fonts creating some interesting issues with documents I have created in Photoshop. I see it happening when I have resized fonts, or moved text elements from one document to another document. It looks good and then I export to a PDF and half of the document is gone. I usually have to check and resize all of the font elements in order to resolve the issues.

There are a lot of differenty types of fonts and they can come from lots of different foundries. If you have LRC 11.2 then you should have the Adobe Creative Cloud app. If you look on the left side under resource links you should see a manage fonts option. I would guess that the fonts available there are going to work better with Adobe products than other fonts. You might be able to find an appropriate font that will work consistently.

I do think it is simply a size or resize issue for the font. I have had issues with some fonts creating some interesting issues with documents I have created in Photoshop. I see it happening when I have resized fonts, or moved text elements from one document to another document. It looks good and then I export to a PDF and half of the document is gone. I usually have to check and resize all of the font elements in order to resolve the issues.

MartyD, you are brilliant! Thank you so much for pointing this out! So many choices! :)

Back