Little Landscapes

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DRwyoming

Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
We travel far and wide to capture images with grand landscape views but sometimes images are closer to home. Here's an image I captured a long time ago when I was working from home and I noticed this sudden May snowstorm. I grabbed my camera and headed out to see this scene in the neighbor's yard across the street. I just liked the way the snow and spring colors worked together. I shot this handheld at crazy slow shutter speeds bracing on a wooden fence. I kicked myself for not grabbing my tripod to take my time and do this right and kept waiting for the situation to happen again. Then a couple of years later the neighbors chopped down the beautiful tree.

Nikon D1H (yeah, it was a long time ago) , Nikon 24-70mm at 58mm, 1/6"

dLWYJHVJO0011-Websize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

So what are other folks capturing in terms of small scenes and local photos?

Last edited:
Maybe it is better this way without the tripod. I think it gives a pleasant feeling of moodiness.

Here is my submission. This is back behind where we live a few hundred yards into the desert management area, looking north towards the marsh along the river.
I was very happy to see a beautiful salmon color emerging. So headed out to find a spot in the shrub-steppe. I knew I was going to crop the top off for a wide composition and was fairly excited to see it on the screen as I had hoped. The color was a bit subdued but it worked well with the mood of this shot I think. On July 6th 2020
Nikon D850
Tamron SP 14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8
f/5.0 1/15" ISO100 @19mm
850_1739.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like that image, the moody dark clouds offset by the bit of sunset color and the sage foreground. Nice!

If the neighbour could afford driveway expansion, he should have been able to afford an arborist to uproot the tree and move it. An absolute waste of a beautiful tree. At least you have it captured in a beautiful photo. And no, I am not a greenie, I just have a balanced way of looking at life. ;) And @Hut, love your pic as well.

Back