Long Eared Take off

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Thanks for any comments or suggestions; sun was to my right, and I couldn't really get in front of this guy without flushing him, so worked on it a bit in post with brushing and masking in Capture One, Photoshop and Topaz and Nik. Nikon Z9, 800 5.6, 1/1250, ISO 640.

z leo take off I.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

First, what a stunning take off shot! Really excellent!

Secondly, I like processing in the 2nd image better. I always apply sharpening selectively, and this is a great example! No point sharpening OOF areas that actually add to the effectiveness of the narrow DOF.

Beautiful. For my own taste I would reduce the brightness of the sky just a bit so it emphasizes the owl more.

And if you do, please do a side by side comparison so we can tell you what we think. I like your second photo better than the first, but I would love to see what you come up with with a slightly darker sky. It may be better or it may be not as good, but for sure, either way it is going to be a beautiful picture.

Back