Looking for lens rental source in the UK

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm traveling to London mid-May to visit my brother, and I'm planning a one day trip to see the puffins and gannets. Since I'm just doing one day of wildlife, I want to rent (and test out) a long lens for a day, instead of shlepping my 500 f4 FL with FTZII adapter. Any recommendations or suggestions for the type of lens and where to rent? I'll be going to Bempton Cliffs and the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.

I'm traveling to London mid-May to visit my brother, and I'm planning a one day trip to see the puffins and gannets. Since I'm just doing one day of wildlife, I want to rent (and test out) a long lens for a day, instead of shlepping my 500 f4 FL with FTZII adapter. Any recommendations or suggestions for the type of lens and where to rent? I'll be going to Bempton Cliffs and the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.

I’ve used procentre.co.Uk and lensesforhire.co.uk albeit years ago. Both were good.

I’ve not shot either puffins or gannet but check out Rachel Bigsby’s portfolio for inspiration. Enjoy!

I'll be going to Bempton Cliffs and the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
There are at least 10,000 gannets near to Bempton.
There are probably no more than 10 puffin in the 3 mile cliff top stretch of coast.
I find about 1 to 1.5 miles north west of Bempton best for Gannets in-flight.

For Puffin you need the double boat trip to the Farne Islands North of Newcastle.

There are at least 10,000 gannets near to Bempton.
There are probably no more than 10 puffin in the 3 mile cliff top stretch of coast.
I find about 1 to 1.5 miles north west of Bempton best for Gannets in-flight.

For Puffin you need the double boat trip to the Farne Islands North of Newcastle.
The Farne Islands were hit hard by Avian flu, but have recently partially reopened. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-68308203

Posted on their websites FAQ
I'm visiting the UK. Can I hire a lens?
No, unfortunately not. We can only hire to you if you are a UK resident with a UK issued bank card. We used to offer services to overseas customers visiting the UK, but after paying transaction fees, we weren't really breaking even.

Posted on their websites FAQ
I'm visiting the UK. Can I hire a lens?
No, unfortunately not. We can only hire to you if you are a UK resident with a UK issued bank card. We used to offer services to overseas customers visiting the UK, but after paying transaction fees, we weren't really breaking even.
They sent me an email with that info, fortunately, I can have my brother rent it for me :)

Back