LR Classic fails to launch - catalog error

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have created a real problem and don't know how to undo it. I tried to launch my Lightroom Classic and it would not launch stating that another program was using my current catalog and therefore could not open it. It suggested opening with a different catalog. So I did just that the next catalog below my current catalog, and somewhere in this move I choose to modify or update this catalog. Now I have no access to my original current catalog and don't know the steps if at all possible to get back to the original catalog since I modified and likely updated it.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything to be done?

I do have all my pictures stored on portable hard drives, so I could relaunch Lightroom Classic and rebuild my library but I'm not even sure that I know how to do that. Some days I just feel like I'm as smart as a brick. If you have any ideas please put them in a step by step format as I seem to get lost very easily these days. Thank You in advance. Ray

Do you have backups anywhere? Is that what you mean “next catalog below my current”?
Does it seem like a lot is missing?
What kind of computer are you using and do you do backups?
Might help to have more details your set up.

Back