Malachite Sunbird - which pose and why

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BarkingBeans Coffee

Michael H
Supporting Member
Marketplace
In my short time learning wildlife, I have clearly learned that the animals are like teenagers. Uncooperative and unpredictable. So I take what I get.
Curious for any feedback on the poses of this guy or gal. What do you like or not. The crops were done by copying develop settings and could be adjusted.

518- not quite as sharp as the others

522 - very similar to 521 but shadow of beak on branch is lesser

524 - head not sharp; not sure why the beak is blended like that

523 - best head position. I would crop in a bit. The background and plant the bird is perched on don't add to the picture, IMO, so I would make the bird larger in the picture. Nice captures!

^^^^ 523 I would crop just above the top seed pod. And in PS use an adjustment layer for cloning/content aware fill to remove that very distracting OOF white stem and the OOF whitish circle. Look at the OOF stem in the lower right corner for ideas - and maybe source data - in removing the white stem.

^^^^ 523 I would crop just above the top seed pod. And in PS use an adjustment layer for cloning/content aware fill to remove that very distracting OOF white stem and the OOF whitish circle. Look at the OOF stem in the lower right corner for ideas - and maybe source data - in removing the white stem.
Curious, if instead of cloning out those areas, I should selectively mask them and tone them darker. More true to the scene.

Back