Male wood duck.....and a Thank you....

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Butlerkid

Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
First, a special "Thank you" to @Ken Miracle and @Wink Jones for their kind hospitality during our visit to Boise, Idaho!

Wink met us at a local park and showed us around. Unfortunately, my Z9 decided to stop focusing that day! UGH! Wink and I traded lenses and confirmed that the Z9 - not the 400 f4.5 - was the trouble maker. Still, I tried a few shots while focusing manually. After checking settings and removing the battery and cleaning contacts, I finally re-set the camera to default settings. Then I re-loaded my customized settings from a spare card. Magically - the Z9 began focusing again!

The next morning, Justin and I made a quick stop at the park. Unfortunately, I didn't have my tele that morning. However, I did manage to get this handheld shot of a male wood duck across the lake in over cast light and in heavy, messy vegetation.

Z9, 400mm f4.5, f4.5, 1/3200, ISO 9000
_N920036-Enhanced-NR-X2.jpg

Beautiful shot 👌🥂

That's your result under compromising conditions?? Wow! Love the reflection, and the composition!

Beautifully done! What an image!

Great shot! I am so glad I decided to get the 400 f/4.5.

That's a beautiful image! Sorry to hear of all your troubles, glad all is well now!

Really pretty guy!

Nice shot, Karen. Near perfect reflection.

One heck of a shot. Love how the wavey reflection blends right into the background seamlessly. Really nice.

What a great reflection shot Karen.

Great photo and beautiful background

Chris S.

Lovely image Karen,
Hope you have fixed your Z9, frustrating to happen for no reason.
Gavin

Thankfully, all is well and you got this fantastic image!
WOW! Thank each of you for such encouraging comments! The members here on BCG are the BEST!

I sure enjoyed your visit, and I know Ken did too. I love your woody shot, and especially your Freak Alley shots, I hope you posted some of them on the forum here.

I sure enjoyed your visit, and I know Ken did too. I love your woody shot, and especially your Freak Alley shots, I hope you posted some of them on the forum here.
Hi! Hope your enjoy that new lens!

I can't post any of the Freaky Alley shots nor any of my architectural images of our state capitols, since BCG is focused on nature and wildlife imagery.

Back