Mallards Taking Flight

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

clippy

A shot from this past weekend. I would have liked a little more room for the ducks to fly into but it was not meant to be.
Nikon D500, 500PF, ISO450, F/5.6, 1/640 sec.
_5008374-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I’m not sure what I have done wrong here. I have used Steve’s Lightroom export preset but I have lost sharpness. Or what little sharpness that I had. Oh well I’ve never claimed to know what I’m doing.

Just an experiment, this is not Steve's preset. If anyone looks at this please tell me if you see a difference and which one looks better, Thanks.
_5008374-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Clippy, I think the first one is sharper - but I also need new glasses.
Thanks Kathy, it’s not the best image to look for sharpness. I thought that the heads of the ducks and the edges of the letters in the watermark looked a little sharper in the second photo. And I also know about the need for new glasses!

Definitely the first one is crisper --- most noticeable in the bird on the extreme left, head and wing detail more precise . However, a great action shot , its never easy to get a small group of this size in various stages of "lift-off" perfectly focused !

Definitely the first one is crisper --- most noticeable in the bird on the extreme left, head and wing detail more precise . However, a great action shot , its never easy to get a small group of this size in various stages of "lift-off" perfectly focused !
Thanks for the input. I’m happy with the shot but I guess you always want things a little better.

Back