Meandering tidewater creek

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JohnW

Tidewater creek meandering through St Simons Bloody Marsh on Thanksgiving afternoon. Captured with the Leica Q2 and it's 28mm Summilux f1.7 @ iso 250 1/250 and f8

L1000271.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nicely composed image. My bride and I may be visiting St. Simon's in mid-February. Haven't firmed up plans yet but that's on our short list.
Thank you, has been on of my favorite locations and have been spending Thanksgiving week on the Island for the last 30 years. For a nice stay B&B try the Grey Owl Inn. Which is about a 3-5 minute walk from this location. Plenty of Herons, Ibis and other shore birds visit the marsh.

Very serene photo. Sky cooperated with layering darker clouds below. Nice scene with meandering stream.
Thanks Kurt south Georgia gets those "tropical sky" layers quite often as we are not too far from North Florida which gets them quite often. We can usually tell when were getting near Florida or St Simons as we can see the changes in the cloud formations.

Kurt, very nice shot!

Thanks Bill

Very nice - love the contrast between golden grasses and blue sky and reflection.

Thanks Eric. Throughout the year you can find quite a contrast between the different grasses that make up the marsh. Some are bright yellow other a more brown and in certain areas the grasses are actual jet black.

Thanks Kurt south Georgia gets those "tropical sky" layers quite often as we are not too far from North Florida which gets them quite often. We can usually tell when were getting near Florida or St Simons as we can see the changes in the cloud formations.

Thanks Bill

Thanks Eric. Throughout the year you can find quite a contrast between the different grasses that make up the marsh. Some are bright yellow other a more brown and in certain areas the grasses are actual jet black.

John, I apologize, mistakenly naming Kurt. Kurt, thank you for letting me know, apologies all around! John, it’s a great shot!

very nice image. Looks like a great place to visit.
Thanks Rich..It is a great place to visit especially autumn through spring, summers however can get a little warm and muggy but then the ocean breezes take care of that. Normally once we arrive we park the car and get around by foot or the bikepaths that take you throughout the island. Very laid back and none of the high-rise hotels or condo's that normally found along Florida's coastline. In fact only one hotel on the beach that I'm aware of and it's been there since the 40's. We're actually currently looking for a retirement home either on St Simons or St Augustine in Fl as they are our favorite places that we've been visiting over the last 30+ years.

Back