Milky Way from a single frame

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

dasm

I took a series of Milky Way images on the last night of a 3-day Abandoned Photo Tour in Central Alberta, Canada on 26 June 2022. Did some editing in Photoshop Elements 2020. I'm still learning the editing process on this subject. I will be trying the RAW file in Affinity Photos.
Nikon Z6 ii; Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S.

20220626-DSC_5076-125dpi-logo.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice image.
In Affinity, after you do your adjustments in the Develop module and develop the image, the next place go into the Adjustments tab and go to the HSL adjustment and I'd suggest selecting green and lowering the saturation a touch. The greens look a little over saturated which gives an unnatural look to the grassy area of the photo. Depending on the look you want, you may also want to play with the blue and magenta colors too. You can also go into the selective color adjustment and play with the blues, and greens to get it looking the way you want.
I have both Photoshop Elements 2020 and Affinity and use them both. I tend to use Affinity a lot more than Photoshop Elements.

My critique is more things to play with in Affinity to see how they work for you. It is a very nice image as presented.

Jeff

Nice image.
In Affinity, after you do your adjustments in the Develop module and develop the image, the next place go into the Adjustments tab and go to the HSL adjustment and I'd suggest selecting green and lowering the saturation a touch. The greens look a little over saturated which gives an unnatural look to the grassy area of the photo. Depending on the look you want, you may also want to play with the blue and magenta colors too. You can also go into the selective color adjustment and play with the blues, and greens to get it looking the way you want.
I have both Photoshop Elements 2020 and Affinity and use them both. I tend to use Affinity a lot more than Photoshop Elements.

My critique is more things to play with in Affinity to see how they work for you. It is a very nice image as presented.

Jeff
Thank you so much for your suggestion. I have just started learning nuts and bolts of Affinity. I'll try your suggestion and see if I can it better.

Back