Milky Way Sea of Stars

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MikeA

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am just trying out and learning about my new 14-24mm 2.8 lens with first images, image stacking in PixInsight etc. I made these when trying to capture Perseid Meteors. This is an integrated stack of 50 images (13s, ISO 3200). There are so many stars it is difficult to find the constellations in the final image, but I think I could identify some and also some deep sky items, which I marked with photoshop. Next I will try for some more composite images including some background as I did with my Perseid image.

Milchstrasse_Cassiopeia-.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Astonishing how quickly I forget just how little we see in the night sky living an urban life (and last time in the mountains it was full or near full moon so....). Very cool shot.

Thank you, unbelievable many suns with planets even in our galaxy. I am sure there is somebody out there and an individual like me is really a grain of sand…

Back