Mitigating Moire at Smaller Image Sizes

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

SCoombs

I finally got around to doing a portrait of myself for some of my ventures and but I took what I knew was a risk with my choice of shirt. When viewed at moderate or larger image sizes it is actually fine, but when viewed at, say, the size it typically shows up on a social media feed the shirt creates a moire. Is there anything I can do in editing or in the way it is exported - short of totally blurring it so it looks like an altogether different shirt - to avoid this? The moire reduction in Lightroom doesn't do anything here because there is really not actually moire in the image itself to be removed - it's just how the fine details in the image are rendering when being viewed at a smaller size.
NZ8_2978-Edit-3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

And this guy gives good advice, but this photoshop method should be similar to lightroom.

The only other thought would be to experiment with frequency separation. This free action download is about skin texture, but it seems the idea could be applied:

Back