If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jtilley

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Here is a wonderful moment of a momma Anna's Hummingbird feeding her two VERY young chicks. Note, image was taken with a 800mm lens and cropped quite a bit, and I did not linger for long in the area.
20230413-AnnasNestFeed.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice picture. Great camoflage of the nest by the hummer.

The hummer population has been devastated where I live with the constant rains this past winter and as of today their numbers are still down by 95%.

Nice. Two years ago one built a nest in a tree right outside my home office window. I photographed it a couple times but sadly it abandoned the nest and never hatched chicks.

Nice picture. Great camoflage of the nest by the hummer.

The hummer population has been devastated where I live with the constant rains this past winter and as of today their numbers are still down by 95%.
Thanks!
The nest camouflage and location are really good. I always had a hard time finding it (and failed to do so a couple of times) when I wanted to stop by and check the nest.

Down by 95%? Wow, that is stunning...