Monitor isn’t working on new Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This Z9 is my first mirrorless camera and I just got it last week. I have been setting it up according to Steve’s recommendations in his Z9 Setup Guide for Wildlife Photography. Yesterday everything seemed to be fine, today I turned it on and the monitor will not come on unless I pull it away from the camera body.
When I push the review button, menu button or info button I can only see what’s happening through the viewfinder. I’ve messed with the button on the left of the viewfinder and tried the different settings for the monitor but I can still only see through the viewfinder.

I have removed and replaced the battery, turned the camera off and on and still no luck unless I physically move the monitor away from the camera.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening here? Did I inadvertently disable the monitor somehow? Please help!

Try check under setup menu -> limit monitor mode selection to see if you have disable automatic display switch or if you need to have monitor always on selection check the monitor only option and switch it via the left physical button on the viewfinder.
B3690AF6-49DF-499E-9972-7DFA57F29BE7.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

3AA2D038-495D-4EDF-824D-9A7EE1A9AAAC.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Try check under setup menu -> limit monitor mode selection to see if you have disable automatic display switch or if you need to have monitor always on selection check the monitor only option and switch it via the left physical button on the viewfinder.
View attachment 49089

View attachment 49090
If I have it on Monitor only then it comes on. None of the other options are working as far as the monitor goes.

i hadn’t thought about it, but the eye sensor works based available light to the sensor, so it does seem like there is probably a minimum amount of light needed to make it work properly

Back