monitors

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I don't have knowledge of it specifically. My only thought is i notice that the specs say it is a 99% srgb monitor. Usually for photography editing folks go for a 99% Adobe RGB monitor. Of course it depends on what you use it for. If it can be calibrated and give you an accurate srgb gamut then maybe that's plenty for your needs.

Thanks Bill,
This is exactly why I asked the question. It is difficult to get very reliable info without knowing a lot of people with a lot of monitors which is not the case . Adobe RGB instead
of sRGB is a good item to clarify. Thank you so much. I will press on.

As you don't mention the system to which you want to attach the monitor(s) may be I am coming from the "wrong side" now and if so I apologize.

Howwever, if you use a Windows system forget my post ;), if you are using a Mac simply forget 4K and use either a 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440, e.g. things like the UP2716D or its successors) or go for 5K straight away (e.g. Studio Display). As I am not at home due to job & travel and thus don't have the time nor have the additional information at hand, I need to provide details later if required, but it has to do with the particularity of the Mac universe that the GUI ist optimized for presentation with resolutions that are an integer multiple of 110ppi. Working with resolutions further away from this target values will most likely cause significant - not to say tremendous - use of processing resources of your machine just to get your Gui going the way you want it to look like.

Why not read owners' reviews on websites and get dozens of reports to consider? I did that when I chose not to buy a much lower price Benro 4K display. Personally I would never buy a Dell anything. No company has more ruthlessly moved all its jobs overseas to increase profits. I cannot bemoan the loss of manufacturing jobs in the USA and then buy products from companies that exploit overseas workers.

Back