Montmatre - Another Paris Cityscape

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JohnW

On our way to Montmatre we found our selves on the Calvaire Steps at which at the bottom is a small restaurant Chez Marie. Very small and intimate with guest sharing tables. We ended uo sharing a table with a couple from Germany and another from Spain . It was funny trying to communicate with each other when no one spoke the same language and we all tried to communicate using very broken French. Food was ok but the warmth of this tinty Bistro and the welcoming people was greaat for getting out of the cold after the cold and blustery conditions up at the Basilica Sacre Couer on this February afternoon. Both images with the D800 and the 24-120, 1st @38mm and the 2nd @ 24mm

JW8_7322-Edit-BW-Port.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

JW8_7332-Edit-Port.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

On our way to Montmatre we found our selves on the Calvaire Steps at which at the bottom is a small restaurant Chez Marie. Very small and intimate with guest sharing tables. We ended uo sharing a table with a couple from Germany and another from Spain . It was funny trying to communicate with each other when no one spoke the same language and we all tried to communicate using very broken French. Food was ok but the warmth of this tinty Bistro and the welcoming people was greaat for getting out of the cold after the cold and blustery conditions up at the Basilica Sacre Couer on this February afternoon. Both images with the D800 and the 24-120, 1st @38mm and the 2nd @ 24mm

View attachment 39168

View attachment 39169
Nicely done John. Very elegant well balanced B&Ws

Paris is a fantastic city. Great photos.
Unfortunately, the Parisians do not like us Italians very much and have often been unfriendly towards me.
Every person and race is made up of beautiful and ugly people; generalising is never correct, but if it happens frequently...but I also have great French friends.

Paris is a fantastic city. Great photos.
Unfortunately, the Parisians do not like us Italians very much and have often been unfriendly towards me.
Every person and race is made up of beautiful and ugly people; generalising is never correct, but if it happens frequently...but I also have great French friends.
Paris is a wonderful city and we found the people very open and warm, even more so when we tried to commmunicate in very bad broken french, they seemed to appreciate the effort. In our 10 day stay we didn’t encounter one rude person, everyone very friendly.

Last edited:
Back