If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Last week I spent a couple of mornings shooting sea otters. I say a couple of mornings but conditions only work for an hour or two each day before the breeze starts. As soon as the water ripples I'm done shooting. So I had maybe 3-4 hours of shoot time over the two days.

1) 0500 this guy came feeding right around our boat. ISO was crazy high but I figured I'd see what I could do with PP.
_NZ94549_orig_DxO.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2) It was a chilly morning and as the sun started to warm up their wet fur these guys started to steam.
_NZ94605_orig_DxO.jpg

3) Just a cooperative otter swimming along in lovely water.
_NZ94447_DxO.jpg

4) They swim belly up and backwards. So once in a while they have to take a look where they're going.
_NZ94457_DxO.jpg

5) The little guys ride on mom's belly. It's incredibly rare to get them both looking at you. Mainly because the pups are usually sleeping.
_NZ94800_orig_DxO.jpg

6) Until the pups learn to dive the moms leave them floating by themselves while mom fishes. While paddling I ran across this youngster.
Z8A_0201_DxO.jpg

Last week I spent a couple of mornings shooting sea otters. I say a couple of mornings but conditions only work for an hour or two each day before the breeze starts. As soon as the water ripples I'm done shooting. So I had maybe 3-4 hours of shoot time over the two days.

1) 0500 this guy came feeding right around our boat. ISO was crazy high but I figured I'd see what I could do with PP.
View attachment 91489

2) It was a chilly morning and as the sun started to warm up their wet fur these guys started to steam.
View attachment 91490

3) Just a cooperative otter swimming along in lovely water.
View attachment 91487

4) They swim belly up and backwards. So once in a while they have to take a look where they're going.
View attachment 91488

5) The little guys ride on mom's belly. It's incredibly rare to get them both looking at you. Mainly because the pups are usually sleeping.
View attachment 91491

6) Until the pups learn to dive the moms leave them floating by themselves while mom fishes. While paddling I ran across this youngster.
View attachment 91492
Wonderful series Dan. Looks like a very relaxing and enjoyable outing. That last was one is precious. well done 👍👍👍👍

Love that last shot, Dan. Nice shooting.

--Ken
Thanks, Ken.

Great photo's , appreciate the accompanied dialogue.
Thanks. Good to hear that the commentary isn't a waste of time.

Amazing set of images Dan,
The last one is extra special.
Thanks for sharing.
Gavin
Glad you enjoyed the post, Gavin.

Really really nice!
Thanks, Elsa.

Wonderful series Dan. Looks like a very relaxing and enjoyable outing. That last was one is precious. well done 👍👍👍👍
Thanks, Ralph. It's fun watching them even without the camera.

These are great. Amazing what that 25600 ISO produced! Nice work. And that last shot is pure adorable :)
Thanks for the comment, Steven. Yeah that little guy was cute.

Love them all. Great work Dan.
Appreciate the comment, Bill.

Very nicely done, Dan.
Thanks, Koos.

You always do make me feel like I am on a cruise. Great set.
Glad you enjoyed the post, Michael.

Wonderful
Thanks, Charles.