My first video with Sony A1 with Cinetone colour profile

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Venkatesh VT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was doing videos earlier with Sony R10iv.While the videos were ok & stab ilisation was not an issue due to it being a compact & light camers,i was never satisfied with it output
Now that i had become comfortable with Sony A1 i started exploring its video capabilities
There was hardly any matreial on the web & hence i stuggled to imrove my skills
How ever i did learn that picture profiles enhances the quality of video(more like shooting in raw in stills) .How ever there was an issue with post processing some of the picture profiles like slog 2 & 3 (more post processing involved)
Finally i found Sony Cinetone to be the best compromise with less post processing requirement & still having good dynamic range

Accordingly i was trying it out in the filed & am pretty happy about its output.

Here is a link to the video of a sparrow making a mince meat of a grasshopper shot with A1 + 200-600 on a monopod with post processing used only for stabilisation( i need to buy a better monopod for shooting videos)
I used full manual mode to get the best control over exposure

As i become more proficient i will try to post my setting & details for others benefit

Last edited:
Back