Nail The Shot: Giraffe Silhouette

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Steve

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I've just added a new video to the Nail The Shot series! This time we'll talk about a giraffe silhouette I captured at sunset and discuss the logistics and settings that went into creating it.

Also, this is in the new, single-image format we tried a few weeks ago. Thank you to everyone who commented - it seems like the new, shorter format is a hit! Also, this is now a playlist on YouTube.

Oh, and I did make some tweaks per your suggestions - including a slide with all my settings. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I found myself thinking about your leveling decision. For example did you rotate in post to get the line that crossed the sun level, did you use the foreground grass as a guide, or were you dead level in the field using in-camera level and/or a tripod with a bubble level?

I found myself thinking about your leveling decision. For example did you rotate in post to get the line that crossed the sun level, did you use the foreground grass as a guide, or were you dead level in the field using in-camera level and/or a tripod with a bubble level?
I keep the camera grid on and it helps with keeping things level. I may have made a minor rotation in post, I can't remember for sure -it was a very small adjustment if I did do it.

Back