Neck Relief - Walking in between shooting spots

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Yes, as I mentioned in my post above with the images, I do have a metal buckle that came with my tactical belt.
Cool. I missed that. The metal buckles are the way to go for sure.

I've been well satisfied with that setup. I also have a cell phone pouch which I carry extra batteries and lens wipes. I also have a padded lens case where I carry either a macro or a wide angle lens while I'm out.

My primary concern is how secure the connection is for the camera and lens. I would never trust a QD connection as when they fail the camera and lens are likely to be out of service until they can be repaired.

The best solution I have found is the Kirk Photo SS-1 Security Strap that includes a Arca-Swiss clamp to hold the lens foot securely. I put the strap over my neck and run it across my body and have the length adjusted so that the lens is slightly above my hips. Easy to walk and use one hand to keep the lens and camera from swinging. When not in use the strap folds up around the clamp mechanism and fits in a small pocket. Being an Arca-Swiss clamp it will work with any of my lenses.

Kirk SS-1 Clamp.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Kirk SS-1 in use.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I have a Spider Pro waist belt, and it works well with a backpack for the most part. Heavier duty than the Peak one, but I've had mine for almost 8 years now and it's held up well. Just another waist option. I can't do weight on my shoulders for very long, so I also have a pouch on the belt for my water bottle, and another small one for batteries, lens cloth, etc.

Back