Need Help with Sony a9ll

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Don'sPhotoStream

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have a question regarding my Sony a9ll. I was recently shooting with the Sony 100-400. It was the first time that I have tried switching between Full frame and cropped sensor on the a9ll, so this may have something to do with the issue. Anyway, this is the first time that I noticed that, while shooting in the full frame format, the image in the viewfinder would occasionally jump from the normal view to a magnified view while I was shooting a burst of frames. It was annoying. I figured that I must be pressing the wrong button or something else on the camera back to make that happen.

Appreciate any guidance on what the magnification in the viewfinder is caused by and how to control it.

Do you have a button programmed to do the switch between FF and APS-C? If so, could you be hitting it by accident? I know some program the lens button for this and people often accidentally push the lens button on the underside of the lens when handholding.

Do you have a button programmed to do the switch between FF and APS-C? If so, could you be hitting it by accident? I know some program the lens button for this and people often accidentally push the lens button on the underside of the lens when handholding.
I’ll check… seems I haven’t settled on which buttons control which functions 😂

Thank You 🙏

Back